- Personal information: any information that can be used to identify or contact a single person
- Non-personal information: any information that cannot, on its own, be used to identify or contact a single person
- Applicant: a person who has registered for a course offered by Paul Janssen Futurelab Leiden but has not yet been accepted for participation
- Course participant: a person who participates or has participated in a course offered by Paul Janssen Futurelab Leiden.
- Course contributor: a person who is involved in the content creation of a course from Paul Janssen Futurelab Leiden.
2. What personal information do we collect?When using our website or registering for a course, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter personal information. Information may also be collected offline, for example, during participation in an on-campus course. Personal information typically includes:
- full name;
- academic title;
- e-mail address;
- postal address;
- telephone number;
- information about the organization and/or company at which the applicant or course participant is currently employed;
- information about education and past work experience.
3. How do we use your personal informationWe may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings that are most interesting to you;
- To improve our website in order to better serve you;
- To quickly process your transactions;
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products;
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- Your personal information is stored as long as you have access to the course. Course participants will, in principle, have access to course materials as long as the course is offered by Paul Janssen Futurelab Leiden.
4. How do we collect and use non-personal information?We may collect non-personal information when you use or visit our website. This information cannot be used to identify you directly but may contain information such as:
- country of origin;
- zip code;
- unique device identifier;
- referrer URL;
- time zone;
- device type;
- browser type.
6. How do we protect your information?Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information that you supply via our website is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses his or her information to maintain the safety of personal information. All transactions done via the website are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. We use regular Malware Scanning and an external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
7. Do we disclosure information to third parties?We do not sell, rent, or make otherwise available to third parties any information for marketing purposes. We do share information with third party collaborators, namely a payment provider, a remote invigilator for online exams, a CRM and marketing systems dedicated to activities from Paul Janssen Futurelab Leiden. The sole intent of disclosure to these collaborators is to ensure proper functioning of our website and courses and to offer users the most relevant information and the best user experience. We have and are working on obtaining written agreements with these parties to ensure compliance.
8. Do we link to third parties?Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
9. How can I edit or remove my data?You have the right to view, edit or remove your data from our website and databases at any time. Specifically, you have the right to:
- Update your information and preferences in your account by logging on to the website: your account;
- Request (complete) removal of your account or data by us;
- Unsubscribe from our emailing list;
- Retract any permissions granted to us.