Scholarships and Grants
Selected grants and scholarships are available for our courses. Read details below about current grants and scholarships and how to apply.
50% Scholarships for blended course Clinical Development for NKI/AVL and UMCs in Netherlands
Scholarships are available for selected candidates from NKI/AVL and UMCs in the Netherlands. These scholarships cover 50% of the course fee for the complete blended course Clinical Development (5-weeks online course with online exam + 4 days on-campus course + 5 days on-campus extended course).
Read more about this course and current starting dates
You are eligible for the scholarship if:
- You are a graduated physician-investigator or biomedical scientist;
- You are employed at Netherlands Cancer institute (NKI/AVL) or a University Medical Center in the Netherlands;
- You will participate in the blended course Clinical Development (5-weeks online course with online exam + 4 days on-campus course + 5 days on-campus extended course).
How to apply
Eligible candidates may apply by completing the application form and uploading the required documents via the link below.
€500,000 grant from ZonMw for Best Clinical Trial Application
ZonMw has made available a €500,000 grant for the Best Clinical Trial Proposal written during the PJFL Clinical Development On-campus Extended course.
During this course, participants learn how to write a proposal for a new clinical trial with the guidance of a personal mentor who is an expert in their field. All eligible participants may compete in the Best Clinical Trial Proposal challenge and Paul Janssen Futurelab awards the best proposal with a nomination letter for a highly competitive grant of €500,000 from the Netherlands Organization for Health Research and Development (ZonMw).
You are eligible to apply for the ZonMw grant if:
- You have successfully completed the PJFL Clinical Development online (+online exam) and on-campus courses;
- Your proposal was developed during the Clinical Development On-campus Extended Course;
- Your proposal concerns a trial design with a registered drug;
- Your proposal concerns a trial to be conducted in a research institute or hospital in the Netherlands.
How to apply
A short summary of the proposed clinical trial must be submitted with application for the blended course Clinical Development. All eligible participants enrolled in the On-campus Extended course are encouraged to submit their proposals for the Best Clinical Trial Proposal challenge. Final details about the requirements of the proposals and the closing date for submission for the grant will be communicated during the course.
The winner of the 2018 “Best Clinical Trial Proposal Challenge” …
will be announced in autumn 2018!
The winner of the 2017 “Best Clinical Trial Proposal Challenge” is: Dr. Marieke Pierik from Maastricht University Medical Center (MUMC).